04 October 2012

Material Spotlight: Brown Leather


Currently I’m obsessing over (distressed) brown leather. It’s been looming over my head like a tick you couldn’t get rid off and began while I was tinkering around a fabric store where I saw this roll of distressed brown leather beauty. Immediately I imagined the said fabric enveloping a wing chair complete with rustic upholstery nails and a piece of throw pillow covered in faux cow hide (as seen in the upper left side). 


A lot of furniture today are usually covered in black, white or even red leather fabric and those look good as well, if you’re doing the whole contemporary-modern thing. As for me, there’s something about brown leather that feels nostalgic and very “Gentlemen’s Club”.


See what I mean with the whole “Old World Charm” that brown leather brings in a space through the photos I’ve gathered from the web below:



Manchester Square Offices (via Shockblast)



(via Furnish Burnish)



(via Braxton and Yancey)



(via The Aestate)



The Edison Bar (via Wired)  



Bed & Breakfast Hotel (via Cumbu)



(via Tuxedo Studs)



(via Tuxedo Studs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover