08 January 2013

Top 10 Beauty First-Haves from 2012

Top 10 Beauty First-Haves from 2012
If life were indeed like a book, 2012 for me is the denouement while the climax of my quarter life plot line was around 2011. Despite the ups and mostly downs of the past year, the power of trying to make yourself look good to feel good never fails (window shopping therapy follows closely next). Last year, most of my favorite beauty loots were for the eyes. Only one made it that's for the lips, but I'll get to that later. All of these are first-time buys and all of them I would buy again in a heartbeat if I've managed to finish it already. Look under the cut for a brief review of all ten beauty products :)


  1. Canmake Glow Twin Color in 02 - This is actually used to brighten your eyes and is perfect for lazy days where you just want to look "awake" and want a make-up with no make-up look, but I sometimes use the yellow shade (top) to sometimes highlight the bridge of my nose or upper curve of the lips for a dewy effect. 
  2. Billion Dollar Brows Tinted Brow Gel in Taupe - This was a Christmas gift to me by two of my high school friends and it can be a bit messy compared to other brow gels I've tried, but the color is really nice. It's not too dark or too brown and goes well with my natural eyebrow color. Formula is great, I just wish they could improve the brush wand so it won't get bristly when applied :\
  3. Majolica Majorca Brow & Lash Colorist in BR333 - This is the first coloring brow gel of any kind that I've tried and so far it has been my most favorite of all :) Not only does it color your brows to a similar shade of your dyed hair color, but it also fills it and it looks not-so heavily made up. Will buy the darker one next time since I switched hair shades a month ago. 
  4. Majolica Majorca Lash King in BR666 - This is also my first time to use a brown colored lash mascara and also my first time using the popular Lash King from Majolica Majorca. My first impression was that the brush wand can be a bit messy (again with the bristles), but once applied it can be less clumpy than what other mascaras tend to do. I love using this on the bottom lashes, while using a black mascara on the top ones because it helps brighten the eyes.
  5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey Douce - The lone lip product of the bunch, this balm stain has got to be one of the best I've tried when it comes to lip stains. I love the Honey Douce shade because it looks like a rosy natural version of my lips but better. The color stays long even after eating (well because it's a stain!), it definitely moisturizes and it taste similar to the minty fresh flavor of Burt's Bees lip balm. I loved this line so much, I hoarded a few other shades! Definitely living up to its hype :)
  6. Revlon ColorStay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Blushed Wines - I gotta say, Revlon is starting to become one of my most favorite drugstore make-up brand. This is the second palette I have of their ColorStay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad and I love all four of it! What I like about this is that it goes pigmented and like so even without a primer (although it does still look more vibrant with one) and it indeed could last throughout the entire day. The Blushed Wines is good for dark eyes (especially brown) because I've noticed that those pink shades are quite good for brightening and projecting that fresh romantic look.
  7. Canmake Perfect Brown Eyes in 03 - This is my current favorite when it comes to neutral brown eye shadow. The colors are perfect for contouring the eyes and the glitter cream adds that oomph to an otherwise bland brown eye ensemble. I really appreciate how Canmake eyeshadows have application instructions at the back. As you may have also noticed, most eyeshadows that I've bought recently come in palettes because I've realized that it saves time (no more thinking which goes with what), space, good for traveling and you can finish it easier in relation to issues with make-up expiry dates.
  8. Dollywink Volume Waterproof Mascara - I've been hearing a lot of ravings about this Japanese brand so when I saw one in Sasa back in Hong Kong, I decided to grab one and try it out. Hands down, this mascara took plenty of compliments whenever I've worn it. I thought I could live forever with the Covergirl Lash Blast Volume, but man oh man this one goes beyond expectations! I wish they could bring this stuff to Manila stat! 
  9. Fairy Drops Waterproof Mascara - When I just want to settle for a natural-looking lashes, this is what I grab onto. Together with a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, this baby could hold those eye curls the whole day! Love, love, love.
  10. The Balm Nude'tude Eyeshadow Palette - This palette has been compared to Urban Decay's Naked, but even though I don't have any of the previously mentioned I would still go for The Balm's Nude'tude for the sole reason that it has more variety in terms of wearable shades. It has pinks, browns and blacks which is a good palette to have especially when traveling. My most favorite shades out of the bunch is Stand-offish and Sultry. What I love also about these eyeshadows is that they're once again very pigmented on their own sans the eye primer. Win!

2 comments:

  1. @mikpangilinan ok ba ang nude palette? kaysa naked? dko kc type ang naked 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay siya for me, mas flexible nung colors and good for travelling :) Pwedeng daytime to night time hehe

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover