30 May 2013

Boutique Hostels



Some of my friends would label me as “high-maintenance” when it comes to being their traveling companion (and perhaps in some other areas of life in general), but what can I say? Do I apologize for wanting to have at least a clean toilet (not even a high-tech modern one, just for Pete’s sake a decent and clean bathroom) during travels? Do I apologize for wanting to sleep on nice hotel-grade beddings with a back-friendly mattress complete with awesome toiletries for me to take back home (I know most of you are guilty of this so don't you dare look at me funny)? Do I apologize for preferring glamping over plain ol’ camping? As I would fondly tell my relatives and friends, walang basagan ng trip.

I suppose I’m just one of those who loves to relax when they travel. I would like to travel to see the architecture (and of course interiors), learn about the culture, eat good food and basically to explore without getting stressed out. I get others who would like to travel for the sake of traveling without caring if they sleep wherever or eat packed noodles or canned goods during the duration of their travel and for me that’s okay, that’s fine and that’s their thing. Walang basagan ng trip.

With the abundance of airfare promos and all that marketing pizzaz on budget traveling, I learned from some of my friends about hostels which basically are accommodations mainly targeted to backpackers and budgeted travelers. Usually they have a dormitory setting and for someone who is on the paranoid side I couldn't really see myself in that kind of travel setting unless I know all the people who would be staying in that room with me. See? High-maintenance. But then a friend of mine posted a photo of a hostel he stayed at somewhere in Asia that got me interested in this particular set-up. Add the effective advertising of MNL Boutique Hostel on Facebook (it kept popping out in my feeds that I eventually just gave in and clicked on their page), and my interest on hostels, boutique hostels in particular, piqued. Thus, this entry was born!

So yeah anyway, most photos I've seen of hostels are on the quirky and hip side mainly to attract the type of clients that they want. For those in their 20s or 30s who enjoy traveling, have limited budget but still want to stay in a decent place, I think this is something worth considering. Heck looking at these photos, I myself am also reconsidering my take on the matter. Here are some hostels that caught my interest:

How about you? Are you willing to try out hostels locally and/or abroad? :)

3 comments:

  1. "Do I apologize for wanting to have at least a clean toilet (not even a high-tech modern one, just for Pete’s sake a decent and clean bathroom) during travels?" - CHECK!

    "Do I apologize for wanting to sleep on nice hotel-grade beddings with a back-friendly mattress complete with awesome toiletries for me to take back home (I know most of you are guilty of this so don't you dare look at me funny)?" CHECK na CHECK! :))

    geez, travel tayo ulit, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site is great for buying African real estate
    African real estate

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover